Frequenty Asked Questions
What will I learn from the course?
When will the training be held?
The training will be held every Saturday from June 1 to August 3, 2019, 8am to 5pm.
Where will the training be held?
The training will be conducted in ActiveLearning’s training center — 2nd Floor Home Studio Building, 63 Connecticut St., Greenhills, San Juan, 1503 Metro Manila, Philippines
What will be provided?
- Course files
- Use of computers for hands-on exercises
Is the training absolutely free? What’s the catch?
The training is sponsored by TESDA, which is why it’s free. However, you are required to:
- Complete the course
- Report to us your employment status for the next 12 months after the training as part of the requirements of TESDA.
What are the qualifications to enroll in the program?
- Filipino Citizen
- At least 18 years old by July 31, 2019
- College graduate. If you are a graduating student, submit a certificate from your school that you will graduate by October 2019.
- Must not be a current beneficiary of other government educational scholarship
- Basic computer usage knowledge
- Able to communicate both oral and written
- Physically and mentally fit
- With good moral character
- Can perform basic mathematical and logical computations
- Analytical and logical thinking
- Must have no pending criminal and administrative case
- Should be available on the training dates.
What’s the training like?
The training will consist of classroom lectures and hands-on lab exercises. There may also be take-home practical machine problems which you will be required to finish. There will also be exams to assess your progress throughout the course.
What’s the screening process like?
Screening is done on May 18, 2019 (Saturday), 9:30 am to 11:30 am. You will be required to take an aptitude exam. We will inform you by May 18, 2019 if you are admitted into the program or not.
How do I sign up?
- Make sure that you are qualified. See qualifications above.
- Register online to express your interest.
- Fill up the TESDA learner’s profile form here.
- Bring the following documents on the screening day, which is on May 18, 2019, 9:30am. Place the documents in a long brown envelope with your name clearly printed at the back. The checklist below can be downloaded here.
- For college graduates: College Diploma (Bring original for inspection, and photocopy for submission)
- For graduating students: Certificate from your school indicating that you are graduating by October 2019.
- Transcript of Records (Bring original for inspection, and photocopy for submission)
- Filled up scholarship application form
- 2 pieces 1″ x 1″ picture
- 4 pieces 2″ x 2″ with white background and collar (may be printed)
- Updated Resumé
- 1 government issued ID (Bring original for inspection, and photocopy for submission)
- For students, school ID (Bring original for inspection, and photocopy for submission)
Where can I get more information?
For more information, please e-mail scholarship [at] activelearning.ph.