24-April-2012 – MANILA, ActiveLearning, Inc. today introduced a new training program in the Philippines entitled “Best Practices in Software Testing and Software Quality Management”. The course will be held on May 21 – 23, 2012 at ActiveLearning’s training center in Greenhills, San Juan.
Facilitating the course will be Ian Ching, an expert in Software Testing. Ching has worked as a Software Design Engineer in Test for Microsoft Corporation for the past 12 years, and has helped ship multiple versions of Internet Explorer, Windows, and Visual Studio. In this course, he shares his learnings and experiences at Microsoft on how to bring about quality into the software development process.
As software becomes more and more integrated into business processes, ensuring its quality has never been more important. In addition to the already complex nature of software, large teams, multiple dependencies between groups, constant code changes, and others make software quality assurance even more critical in the development process.
The three-day training course will teach participants to not only find bugs and create automated test cases, but also incorporate simple and practical improvements to their development process so that quality can be pushed upstream in the development cycle.
Participants will learn how to:
- Create a software development team with the proper team composition and roles.
- Configure and setup a bug database to monitor the quality and progress of a software project.
- Write a high quality bug report.
- Clearly define the software’s target customer segments through the use of personas.
- Design a software based on scenarios instead of features and technologies.
- Test the effectiveness of the user interface.
- Configure and setup a source control system to track and manage changes in the code base.
- Find and prevent bugs in code before it’s checked into the product.
- Find bugs early in the product cycle through exploratory testing.
- Write and manage a detailed and thorough test plan.
- Create software that would automate the testing process.
- Manage the release process of the software project.
This course is intended for project managers, developers, quality assurance, and team leads who would like to improve the quality of their software and development process.
For more information about the courses, visit: https://activelearning.ph/courses/635_software_testing_training_philippines.html
About ActiveLearning, Inc.
ActiveLearning, Inc. is a leading provider of technology training to IT professionals and managers in the Philippines. The company develops and delivers a broad library of instructor-led courses focused on web development, operating systems, programming languages, databases, computer networks, computer and network security, objectoriented technology, project management, software testing and quality management, and key business skills. To know more about ActiveLearning, visit https://activelearning.ph