Who Should Attend
This course is for people responsible for leading projects but have limited experience or knowledge of formal project management methods. Among those who can benefit from this course are:
- Administrators and managers responsible for coordinating, facilitating or managing projects.
- Technical professionals and engineers moving into project leadership and coordination
- Members of process and performance improvement teams
- Anyone recently promoted or a candidate to a project manager position
Project Fundamentals and Initiation
- What is a project?
- Why is project management important?
- Initiating a Project
Planning a Project
- Requirements and Scoping
- Work Breakdown
- Project Scheduling
- Estimation Techniques
- Setting Quality Criteria
- Risk identification
Monitoring and Controlling
- Measuring and reporting performance
- Managing risks and issues
- Closing a Project
- Post-project Evaluations