ActiveLearning, in cooperation with the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) is offering a free training program on Programming NCIII Java. At the end of the course, participants should be equipped with sufficient knowledge to take and pass the internationally acknowledged Oracle Java SE Certified Associate to become an Oracle Certified Associate Java Programmer.
Frequenty Asked Questions
What will I learn from the course?
The Programming (Java) NC III Qualification consists of competencies that a person must achieve to develop or write program codes using a personal computer or workstation as part of a systems development team.
It includes core competencies on performing object-oriented analysis and design in Java technology and to create and fine-tune Java technology applications using object-oriented programming concepts. By the end of the course, you will have the skills and confidence to take and pass the internationally acknowledged Oracle Java SE Certified Associate exam to become an Oracle Certified Associate Java Programmer.
When will the training be held?
The free Java training will be conducted on:
- Jul 17 – Aug 19 (240 hrs of Full Online Training) Monday to Saturday, 8am to 5pm
- Aug 22 – 26, 29 (48 hrs of OJT, 8hrs per day) Monday to Saturday, 8 am to 5pm
What will be provided?
- Course files
- Access to our Learning Management System
Where will the training be held?
The training will be conducted through Live Online training.
Is the training absolutely free? What’s the catch?
The training is sponsored by TESDA, which is why it’s free. However, you are required to:
- Complete the course
- Report to us your employment status for the next 12 months after the training as part of the requirements of TESDA.
What are the qualifications to enroll in the program?
- Priority is given to unemployed o mployed (meaning you feel like you are settling for a job that is below your skill level or you are working part time only)
- Filipino Citizen
- At least 18 years old
- Must not be a current beneficiary of other government educational scholarship
- Basic computer usage knowledge
- Able to communicate both oral and written
- With good moral character
- Can perform basic mathematical and logical computations
- Analytical and logical thinking
- Must have no pending criminal and administrative case
- Should be available on the training dates.
What’s the training like?
- The training will be conducted purely online. This means you can take the course from anywhere as long as you meet the minimum system requirements.
- You will have access to our Learning Management System where you can have access to learning resources like videos, web articles, and more.
- There will be take-home practical machine problems which you will be required to finish.
- There will be quizzes to assess your progress throughout the course.
- The training will be self-paced, allowing you to learn at your own time.
- Your instructor will be available to assist you should you have questions and to help you advance through the course. You can communicate with your instructor and classmates through the Learning Management System, chat, and video conferencing such as Microsoft Teams, Google Meet or Zoom.
What technology requirements do I need to join the training?
- Windows PC
- 4GB RAM
- Internet connection of at least 5MBps
- Webcam (Optional, but recommended)
- Headset (Optional, but recommended)
What’s the screening process like?
You will be required to take an aptitude exam. We will inform you if you are admitted into the program or not.
How do I sign up?
- Make sure that you are qualified. See qualifications above.
- Fill up the TESDA learner’s profile form here.
- Send the following requirements to scholarship [at] activelearning.ph with the subject “TESDA Scholarship”
- Updated Resumé
- 1 government issued ID (Bring original for inspection, and photocopy for submission)
- Affidavit of Undertaking
Where can I get more information?
For more information, please e-mail scholarship [at] activelearning.ph.