Design Thinking is one of the most powerful tools for innovation. It can be used to stay ahead of the competition by improving existing products and developing new products and services that extend the limits of your business. This workshop is designed to be a hands-on way to learn Design Thinking and develop the skills and processes needed in a “learning-by-doing” environment.
You Will Learn How To
- Define the meaning of Design Thinking
- Design research methods
- Define and validate a clear problem statement
- Ideate based on a problem area
- Rapidly Prototype and the required mindset
- Test your ideas and validate prototyped design solutions
Who Should Attend
- Product Managers
- Senior-Mid level Managers
- Team Leaders and Supervisors
- Startup Founders
What is Design Thinking?
- Definition of Design Thinking
- Overview of the Design Thinking Process
- Human-Centered Design
- Embracing uncertainty and ambiguity
5 Stages of Design Thinking
Stage 1: Empathize
- What is Empathy?
- Why is it important?
- How can we apply it?
Stage 2: Define
- The importance of the 5 Whys
- How to frame challenges correctly
- Saving time by solving the right problem
Stage 3: Ideate
- How to brainstorm effectively
- Brainstorming techniques
- Ice breakers for effective brainstorming
Stage 4: Prototype
- Why do we prototype
- How to prototype effectively
- Digital vs non-digital
Stage 5: Test
- How to plan a test session
- How to effectively moderate
- How to collect insights
"The workshop makes it easy to understand the concepts by doing it in actuality."
Sr. Software Developer, Emerson Electric Asia Ltd. - ROHQ