Python is a widely used, open-source programming language that is especially suited for a wide range of applications including web development, machine learning, and data science.
This Python training course provides the foundations for you to start writing Python applications. You will learn the basics of the Python language, as well as advanced concepts like Object-Oriented concepts.
You Will Learn How To
- Write effective, efficient Python scripts
- Create programs that make use of Object-Oriented Programming concepts such as inheritance and polymorphism
- Use Python’s exception handling framework
- Create a simple Django web application
Who Should Attend
Introduction to Python
- What is Python?
- Why Python?
- Setting Up for Python Development
- Writing Your First Python Script – "Hello World"
- Displaying Output
- Reading User Input
Basic Python Syntax
- Code Blocks, Comments, and Whitespaces
- Literals and Variables
- Data Types
- Type Conversion
- Arithmetic Operators
- Conditional and Logical Operators
- Operator Precedence
Control Flow Structures
- Decision Control
- Repetition Control
- Introducing Strings
- Determining String Length
- Getting a Character within a String
- Looking for a String within a String
- Getting a Portion of a String
- Splitting a String
- Joining Strings
- Removing Whitespaces from a String
- Combining Strings
- Formatting Numbers
- Replacing a Part of a String
- Converting to Uppercase or Lowercase
- Comparing Strings
- Introducing Functions
- Creating and Calling Functions
- Defining Function Parameters
- Passing Arguments to Functions
- Specifying Optional Parameters and Default Values
- Using Named Arguments
- Returning a Value from a Function
- Understanding Local and
- Global Variable Scope
- Introducing Modules
- Importing Modules
- Renaming a Module
- Setting the PYTHONPATH Variable
- Working with Dates using datetime Library
- Interacting with the OS using os Library
- Performing Mathematical Operations using math Library
- Generating Random Values using random Library
Object Oriented Programming
- Object-Oriented Programming
- What is an Object?
- What is a Class?
- Instantiating Objects
- Defining Constructors
- Declaring and Initializing Attributes
- Accessing Attributes
- Declaring Methods
- Calling Methods
- Passing by Reference
- Comparing Objects
- Creating and Accessing Static Attributes
- Creating and Accessing Class and Static Methods
- Creating Properties and Setter Methods
Inheritance and Polymorphism
- Method Overriding
- Member Visibility
- Introducing Exceptions
- Handling Exceptions using try-except
- Handling Multiple Exceptions
- Passing the Exception Object
- Using the else Block
- Using the finally Block
- Raising Exceptions
- Creating Your Own Exception Types
Introduction to Django
- What is Django?
- Setting Up a Django Application
- Creating a Django Project
- Running Your Django Project
- Creating a View
- Mapping URLs
- Using Templates
- Passing Data to Templates
"The instructor was very accommodating especially in exercises and answering questions."
Business Systems Support Head, Philippine Daily Inquirer
"Instructor was very straight to the point and uses practical applications in the coding. I enjoyed the lessons very much."
IT Engineer, Infineon Technologies – Cavite
"I like the way the instructor explained and elaborated the question and she is very responsible to answer our questions."
IT Programmer, Big E Food Corporation
"Able to accommodate our questions and also provide leads."
IT Consultant, Arehi Enterprise LTD