Moving data back and forth from a database system and the object model of a Java application is harder than it seems to be. In this course, Java developers learn how to quickly build enterprise Java applications using the industry-standard Hibernate framework. Through intensive hands-on exercises, you learn how to bridge the gap between object-oriented domain models and relational database systems.
You Will Learn How To
- Implement object persistence with Hibernate
- Map objects to databases using XML and annotations
- Optimize data access with Hibernate Query Language (HQL)
- Manage transactions in a Hibernate application
- Use Eclipse Hibernate Tools to expedite Hibernate development
Who Should Attend
Architects, programmers, engineers, managers and those involved in the development of complex enterprise-level Java applications. Knowledge of Java at the level of Course 321 - Java Programming, plus proficiency with SQL and relational databases, are assumed.
- Introducing Hibernate
- Object-Relational Mapping with XML
- Object-Relational Mapping with Annotations
- Persisting Objects with Hibernate
- Applying Hibernate Query Language (HQL)
- Transaction Management and Concurrency