You Will Learn How To
- Effectively build professional mobile business applications using Java and the Android Studio
- Create intuitive, reliable software using activities, services and intents
- Design engaging user interfaces that work seamlessly with a range of phones
- Store and retrieve data with content providers and the SQLite database
- Integrate Android applications with enterprise systems
Who Should Attend
Introduction to Android
- What is Android?
- The Android Run Time Virtual Machine
- Android Application Components
- Installing the SDK
- "Hello World" QuickStart
- Android Resources
- Debugging in Android
Android User Interface
- Creating Toast Messages
- Creating an Android UI
- Using Common Android Views
- Using Common Android Layouts
- Handling Events
- Changing the Application's Icon
- Adding UI Graphics and Colors
- Creating Lists and Adapters
- Creating Application Menus
Activities and Intents
- Understanding the Activity Lifecycle
- Sending and Receiving Intents Activities
- Understanding Context and Application
- Starting an Activity
- Returning Results from Activities
Threads, Services, Broadcast Receivers and Alerts
- Creating Services
- Creating Alerts Threads
- Creating Broadcast Receivers
- Using Handler
- Using AsyncTask
Networking and SMS
- Accessing Web Content
- Accessing REST Services
- Sending an SMS
- Shared Preferences
- Using the Preferences Framework
- Storing and Retrieving Data using SQLite
- Storing and Retrieving Data using Content Providers
"The Instructor is knowledgeable and has first-hand experience with the problems we're trying to have solutions for in the development."
Computer Programmer II, Provincial Government of Agusan Del Norte
"Excellent attention to trainees' questions and explains parts of the course well."
Computer Programmer I, Provincial Government of Agusan del Norte
"Awesome. Though I am not a well-knowledge person on Java, I quickly understand and applied the topics in our exercises. Samples are easy to read and learn."
Software Engineer, American Express International
"A good instructor not only teaches but shares pocketful of knowledge/wisdom not found in the Training Manuals. Has a wealth of both world and as a Student of his, I gained much."
"The course really taught me a lot about Android Development. I'm very grateful that it gained my knowledge is a Developer. I can't wait to share my learnings with others and be another contributor in Android Development back in our office."
"Keeps the topic easily understandable by beginners in the course regardless of programming background of the students. The activities were designed to make use of all the topics discussed throughout the course."
Cenqhomes Development Corporation
"Course content is really good. Covered almost everything I need to know. The activities really helped me implement the things I've learned in this course."
"The course was able to comprise all details for us to be able to create a decent functional android application, which can personally help me greatly at work."